Sunday, May 27, 2012

Faith in Christ through the Silence

104 DAYS AND COUNTING FOR OUR LOA.

This is by far the longest wait of the adoption. That is saying something because this entire process has been a test of patience and LONG waits. We are at the 104 day mark. That may not mean a lot to most of you but those in the adoption world are shedding a silent tear for me. That is a very long wait. From various blog sites of people in my same situation, I have seen people receive their LOA (Letter of Acceptance from China) in as little as 56 days. In desperation I finally wrote an email to my adoption agency asking if I need to be worried. Their advice was basically to stop reading other people's blogs. (LOL!) They said that 3-4 months is pretty typical.

So the trial of faith and patience continues. In another mom's blog she talked about having faith in Christ through the silence. I found that so beautiful and profound. It is the equivalence of a teacher being silent during a test. How much easier would this be if I was told ahead of time exactly what would happen? I have to admit that I feel like my testimony and relationship to the Savior has grown. My dependence on Him has grown tremendously.

Since I have not been given a play by play of how this whole thing is going to play out, I am doing the best I can to be happy and focused on other things that I can control. Oddly enough despite my frustrations, I really love this experience and feel really grateful for it. I feel overwhelmed with feelings of gratitude for being allowed to be part of an experience so profound. That being said, a prayer in my direction asking that I won't go completely mental would be appreciated!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you've made a bog. I've been thinking about little John lately and wondering whats the situation. Love you and we'll be praying

    ReplyDelete