Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Keeping Myself Busy

Trying to keep my mind off the long wait, looking at my email many times during the day, and being present for my day to day life is a little tricky sometimes. So here are some of the things that I have done to keep myself preoccupied. 

CARE PACKAGES TO OUR HENAN CUTIE
 These are some pages from an ABC getting to know your family book that I made for John on a day I was really missing him and wanting him home. It helped a lot! I have the actual book at home and made him laminated copies so that he could do whatever he wanted to the book and they would be fine.

We have sent him 3 care packages and the orphanage finally wrote our agency, gave them a detailed list of what was in each package and told them - "Tell her to stop sending disposable cameras!" So I know he received each package. (So funny - especially because there was no mention of John.)

PROJECTS
 Restoring the Camper Trailer we just bought

AND THE BEST DISTRACTIONS OF ALL!!!

My cute family. We took our camper on it's maiden voyage with our family for Memorial Day Weekend. We had such a great time. There were no cell phones, no t.v., just us. We all had a great time.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just found your blog through the Love Changes Lives blog. We just received PA last week for another Henan cutie. I LOVE your alphabet photo book idea, may have to create my own version of that to send to our sweetie. Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete