Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Missing Our Girl

For anyone who has or is adopting, you will understand it when I say I am missing my girl. True, I have never met her. True, I know very little about her. True, I don't know when I will have an update. But boy do I love her, and boy do I miss her. I am her mom and we are her family. This wait can feel excruciatingly painful and long at times.

Last week I was feeling like this a lot. Her absence was so tangible, that I was certain that I was going to get a phone call every single day saying that we had our LOA. You can imagine how disappointed I was every single day last week - to the point of distraction - no LOA. I could barely think about anything else. This week I have resolved to be a mom to the kids I have in my presence because I can actually control that, and things are much better.

I thought I would share a little excerpt of a book we made for her and sent to her at Christmas. It is an introduction to our family through the ABCs. I hope they are sharing it with her so she can sort of get to know us too. I made one for John, and it was very clear that he had seen it a lot because he totally new us when he saw us - pretty awesome experience actually.












1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, that book is so sweet. It totally made me cry. It's evident that you love her so much but I have to say that she likewise struck gold when Heavenly Father helped line things up for her to be a Bentley! I hope you receive your LOA soon!!

    ReplyDelete