Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Soft LOA!

We received a soft LOA yesterday, or an electronic LOA. That took 55 days. Hooray! (Our wait for John was 114 days.) That means 10-14 weeks until we are getting our little Henan cutie. I sent the next step of paperwork in to my adoption agency so that as soon as they get the hard copy, we can really get things moving quickly. When we adopted John we never heard of a soft LOA, so I am excited but still a little unsure of exactly what that means. We are so excited to be able to say more definitively now that we will be traveling somewhere between May and July.

Our agency will ask Sarah's orphanage 5 questions from us. I keep wondering what to ask. The questions I want to know, I don't think anyone will be able to answer, and most of what we were told about John ended up not being true with us at all (not that they were untrue before us, but once he came into our family he threw everything  he knew out the window). So ...  I'm thinking about asking these questions:

1. Where was she found? (We knew this with John but not with Sarah).
2. Has she ever been hospitalized? (We found out with John that he had been hospitalized a lot)
3. Who is her favorite nanny?(I want to know the names of those that loved her in China)
4. Does she have a favorite sleeping item?
5. Does she have a really close friend?

If anyone can think of something better to ask, please let me know. All adoptive parents - especially when adopting from China - want to be able to piece as much of their child's life together as possible. The trick is no one really knows, so finding out any information about our children's lives before us is priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment