Monday, April 14, 2014

A Busted Lip

Jack-Jack has been gone for awhile, learning to become a "good citizen".  He came back Sunday after the kids had gone to bed. Kate and John were so excited to see him the next morning. Jack-Jack was equally excited to see them. In the excitement he jumped up on Kate and knocked her over. She fell and landed on our slate stairs and her lip practically split in two. She and I headed right over to the Emergency room, and she was in surgery less than an hour and a half later. Thankfully we had a terrific plastic surgeon. When they took us up to pre-op, I started to feel a little emotional, this was not the way I had planned our Monday morning, and I really don't like my kids to be put under. Every time the doctor would look at me he would say, "You know this is no big deal, right?" To which I would try to hide my emotion and say, "I know!" Still, I was a little afraid, but it all ended great, and Kate was so much braver than I had imagined she would be. I'm so grateful for my cute little Kate - I love her like crazy!


In the Emergency Room



In Pre-Op



I watched this monitor like a hawk



Post Op!



No comments:

Post a Comment