Tuesday, June 24, 2014

One Week From Today ... CHINA!

Thank heavens the time is flying by to get our Sarah. One week from today and Brig and I leave for China. A few days later and Rick will join us. We are as prepared as we can be. I have already packed everything that can be packed. Sarah's room is ready. We have our monster 12 passenger van (almost - it will be here by the end of the month). I've typed up a "How to take care of our crew" manuscript for all those who will be helping us. I've made the meals for while we are gone. I've delegated all of my church responsibilities ... I think we are ready.

The only thing I am not excited for is missing my kids I'm leaving behind. I can barely look at them now without getting teary eyed. This will be a long trip away from those I love, but there is no way around it. Thank heavens for face time and Skype! Yesterday we watched the new Karate Kid. I'd seen it before, but it was really fun to watch it with Brig to show him all the things that we will be seeing in China.

Here is a picture in summary of the things we have done to get ready for our sweet Sarah.

We've sent many care packages






Got my necklace with all of my kid's names on it
Got Sarah's room all ready
Built a new bedroom to make room for our newest addition!

12 Passenger van - this is getting serious

Just because I like this picture






No comments:

Post a Comment