Sunday, September 21, 2014

I'm Not a Farmer

This weekend was harvest time for our turkeys. We knew it was coming, so on Friday we let them out of their pen and let them have the entire day in our garden. We let the chickens out too so they could all eat the left overs from the vegetables.  I loved watching them out there and spent a chunk of the day sitting with them, watching them, photographing them and enjoying them.

Saturday I drove our turkeys to their final resting place, dropped them off and cried. Yes, I cried on the way home. I felt so horrible about it. I just kept thinking, I'm not a farmer. I'm not cut out for this. It has been a couple of days now, and I am feeling a little better about it. The real test will be when it is Thanksgiving and time to eat turkey. Will I be able to eat Hank and Chris? I hope so!













No comments:

Post a Comment