Friday, June 15, 2012

Blessed

Every once in a while I can really see God's hand in my life. I'm sure I could see it more if I weren't so distracted by everyday life. However, sometimes He makes the blessings so clear that I would be remiss if I didn't stop, acknowledge and be grateful.

As many of you know, we recently moved from Colorado Springs to Salt Lake City. I was a little worried about moving because Lincoln had such an amazing group of people surrounding him at his school called Foothills Elementary. I was worried about moving the kids in the middle of the school year, and worried that Utah would not be culturally diverse enough for our sweet John. Let's just say that there are a lot of Caucasians around here.

The kids have done remarkably well - including our now 8th grader (I'm sure we all remember 7th grade - making new friends in the middle of the school year is nothing short of amazing). Lincoln just got accepted into a charter school K-12 just for kids on the autism spectrum, where he will be surrounded by people who won't be shocked by him and may even totally get him.

And one of the biggest blessings of all is that I have now met three families in our new neighborhood that have adopted from China, 3 other families who have adopted from other places, and last night I heard about a family that lives almost in our back yard that have adopted two girls from China (one who is John's age). How are these things anything short of a miracle? We have at least 7 families all within a block of us who have adopted - 4 families from China! I feel so humbled and watched over.


One of my favorite things about meeting families who have adopted is that instant bonding that occurs. I feel it when I read blogs from other families who have gone or who are going through the process, and I feel it when I meet other families who understand adoption and are instantaneously cheering us on and invested in our little family. The feelings are mutual.  I don't love the waiting and the lack of control, but I'll say it again, I really love this opportunity to adopt and see the hand of my Heavenly Father in my life and the life of my children (even my children who are not with me yet). He knows each and every one of us and He cares about us. How blessed are we? 


1 comment:

  1. How amazing Marisa! It really is incredible. I've always said it, but Heavenly Father sure is looking out for you! I can't wait to meet John, and I'm so glad that you are meeting so many people to talk yogi about adoption. Truly amazing. We truly are all blessed. Love you

    ReplyDelete