Friday, June 29, 2012

Cabled!

Wow! I like how fast that was. I'm sure the wait from here feels like an eternity again, but that wasn't so bad. According to the blog China Adoption this is the time line.


So according to this, we are at best 6 weeks away. But basically all I do now is wait. Hey, I have gotten really good at that ... phew, I can do this.  That means the soonest we would leave to get our cutie patootie is the middle of August. 

I know this is a big pipe dream, but I really want to be here when the kids start school. They don't start until the 29th of August, so in a best case scenario ... there is a chance right? I know there are more important things than the first day of school, but Lydia will only have one first day in first grade, Brig has a teacher who apparently only likes girls for 4th grade - wonderful! I'd kind of like to be around to kiss the hurt away. Lincoln is starting a new school again.  He gave me a hand written note each day after school that said, NO SCHOOL since moving to Utah, so I would like to be around to give him a pep talk. And Cora is starting 8th grade. It all feels like a big deal. Anyway for what it is worth, that would be the ideal.


On a side note, our cute Lyds started dancing with Ballet West Academy yesterday. Stop it! She looked so cute and she loved it! She said the only sad thing is that she wanted to dance every day, not just one day a week. If any of you have watched the t.v. series Breaking Pointe, she dances in the same studios as the Ballet West professionals - pretty fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Your kids are so freaking cute, I honestly can't believe you are so close to getting John. If you are gone during the fist week of school I would love to be there for the pep talks and encouragement! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete