Monday, October 15, 2012

Love This Boy!

We have been home for a little over 7 weeks. My neighbor came over and told me that her sister has just adopted from Ghana. She adopted a two year old boy and has a two year old boy at home. I immediately told her to CALL ME!

What a blessing that I feel like I can reach out to others after 7 short weeks vs. how I felt like at the beginning -- that all the help in the world would not be enough. It gets so much better people! I went from surviving to managing to enjoying. Look at that!

John is such a blessing in our lives. It is weird because I can barely remember him not being in our home. Sometimes when I am cuddling him I try to remind myself that he has not always had us and we have not always had him. What a blessing he is to us!

He has become such a sweetheart. (I am sure he always was, but the change of life did not necessarily bring out his best qualities.) I would not say that things are constantly peaceful, but he rarely is the one who is causing the trouble. I feel bad for him because he is the one taking the abuse now. We are working on Kate (aka - cage fighter). However, I have to give this cutie some kudos because he just takes it and NEVER retaliates. Wow - what a great kid.

Tomorrow is a really special day for our family. We are going to take John to the temple and become an eternal family. We can hardly wait.  Here is our adoption announcement. I kind of love it!



1 comment:

  1. I sure wish we lived there so we could be with you tomorrow!!! I'll be thinking of you all day. I'm so glad you are in a happy and peaceful place for the most part. Love the posts! I really look forward to them.

    ReplyDelete