Sunday, September 16, 2012

Silver Lake with our John

Today we introduced the mountains to John. It is about time! Let's be honest though - we have been out of sorts and just barely feeling normal. I've been able to sleep two nights in a row now without the aid of some sleeping aid. Rick and I even went on a date Friday night. We are back baby!


I think this picture is so sweet. If only all my kids were there.

The leaves are changing colors here so we headed up Big Cottonwood Canyon to visit our favorite "hike". It really is just a nice walk around a lake, but the kids feel like they are hikers, and that is the goal.
Rick encouraging kids to stay out of the lake

John had a great time. The kids were either looking at the ducks in the lake or running. It seemed like there were so many children. Cora was even missing from our excursion, but it seemed like our children just kept going. Every time we add a new child to the family it feels like we have multiplied the amount of children, not added. John's addition is no different. I feel like we have 12 children right now. There are so many of us. I love it!


Lincoln and Lydia
Lydia, Brig, Linc and John

Looking at ducks




Cute Kate
Linc found a hole and jumped inside!
Running 

Running
More running

Even more running
John loving every minute!




1 comment:

  1. Hurray for updates and going on a date! I'm so happy for you! That cracks me up that you feel like you now have 12 kids sometimes. Wasn't that the goal? You'd just adopt a whole bunch more, so now you can enjoy that. :) I thought after 4 kids every addition was just another mouth and didn't really feel too much different. So good to know that it's actually a bit of a shock before we cross that threshold. :) lOVE YOU ALL!

    ReplyDelete