Monday, January 6, 2014

Fundraising Update

Our fundraiser for our sweet little girl is complete. Thanks to all of your help we were able to raise $850.00. That seems like so much money! I feel such gratitude and extremely humbled by those who gave during the Christmas season. Today my adoption agency verified that all the money will go directly to Sarah and the friends her age. They even asked me how I wanted to spend the money. Truly amazing! I actually told the agency that I trust them to distribute the funds the way they see fit. They just returned from another trip to Sarah's orphanage (it seems like they are there every 3 months) so I trust that they know these cuties and will do the right thing for them.

They asked if I would like updates on how they have spent the money ... I said YES! I have had tears of gratitude in my eyes all day long. Thanks again to all of you for helping our Sarah. It is so hard to be apart from our girl. It is hard to spend Christmas without her. It is hard to see her growing up so much in pictures. It is hard to know that she has a family, yet remains an orphan. It is hard to know that we are still 5 to 7 months away from bringing her home. This fundraiser was as much for her as it was to bring me some comfort. 

I will keep everyone updated as I get more information. With much love and gratitude,


Marisa

Here is a picture I received today and some that I received over Christmas.
Check out those bangs! Love it








1 comment: