Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Update on my "Puppies"

It is hard to believe that I was barely keeping my head above water one year ago. Two toddlers 3 months apart was .... let's just say challenging. I would often joke when people would ask how it was going that two two-year olds was not easier than one two-year old - go figure. Here is a glimpse of what I am talking about.

It was so hard last year, and I honestly could barely make out any flicker of light at the end of the tunnel. That tunnel actually felt like a pit of despair at times. When we accepted John's referral, I was washed over with a peace that I had never felt before. That was such a gift, because in those darkest days, that is the only thing I could hang onto. I think it was a gift from a loving Heavenly Father, who knew I would need the reminder that I was doing the right thing and that I could do this. It was all going to work itself out.

Well, I am happy to report that we survived! Not only did we survive, but we came out better than we started and happier. We now lovingly call my "puppies" the "littles". The biggest improvement has to be that they became siblings and love each other. They always look for each other when they wake up. They are worried when one is sad or sick. They can actually be left alone in a room without me worrying one will be murdered by the other. I don't worry when I can't see them at our house because they rarely make horrific messes anymore. They laugh together, go to school together, have graduated to separate rooms from each other, and are as cute as can be.

I wanted to write this to give hope to others in the process. There is a light and it is beautiful and bright. Toddlers grow up and things do improve. Good luck to all of you in the trenches. I feel your pain and am super excited for you to round that corner!








No comments:

Post a Comment