Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I LOVE updates!

So about three weeks ago, we sent another package to John - our last package because we should be there pretty soon. My motivation was two fold. First, remind him that he is so loved and that we are on our way, and second, to get another update and picture.

Well today we received a very short update. This is what it said:
7/23/2012 Update
Note from Foster Home:

We did a second small package from his family, some books and trains. 
Please thank them! We are calling him "John" frequently.

Weight: 14.5kg
Height: 95cm

Head: 50.5
Chest 54.5
Foot 14.5

There was no picture, which was a little disappointing, but there was one phrase that caught me off guard  "Note from Foster Home."  I had no idea that he was in foster care. Of course all of my maternal instincts kicked in, and I wrote our agency immediately. They wrote back to say that he was at a Foster facility called Eagles Wings, and that it is amazing. I have no idea how long he has been there.

The really great news though is that Eagle's Wings is on the internet. It looks like an amazing place, and from the little I can gather from the website we are the luckiest parents on the planet. In their video of introduction on their website, they talk about cuddling the children as part of their routine care. Wow! I am so grateful that he is there. And guess what - they had a picture of our sweet boy.

Here is the picture I found.


This was their report.

Zhe Nan is a boy born in 2009. 
He is active, fun, smart and affectionate. 
He loves looking at himself in the mirror and laughing.
 Zhe Nan walks and runs and feeds himself.

This was the best news we received today. My heart is overcome with gratitude for this new addition to our family who is so well cared for. Again, this is another testament that our Father in Heaven knows John and cares for him. He is surrounded by these care giver angels while we cannot be there. Life is good!


No comments:

Post a Comment