Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Still On Track

I have been a little concerned since we were cabled and found out that our I-800 was incorrect. We received two copies of our corrected I-800 on Monday - insert audible sigh of relief. Today I was able to talk to our agency and see how set back this made our timeline. According to our agency - not at all. I am stunned. As a matter of fact they said that we should get our Article 5 on July 18 if everything is on track. What a blessing. All that needless worry for nothing.

Many times during this adoption process I have really wanted to freak out. I know that doesn't say a lot about my character, but it is true. The interesting thing is that I always have this still small voice assuring me that  I don't need to panic - it is in His hands - everything is exactly the way it should be. Most of the time I choose to listen (all be it reluctantly).  Sometimes I just choose worry over peace. (This set back was one of those times).

This process can be so maddening, but I know the lesson I am suppose to be learning is trusting in a loving Father in Heaven. Maybe one of these days, hopefully sooner rather than later, I will trust first and skip the panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment