Sunday, July 8, 2012

A Little Frustrated

I should have known that when I blogged about this last part being easy, I was setting myself up. So we got notice that we were cabled on June 29. That was fantastic news and it came so quickly. The bad news came later when my agency told me that our I-800A provisional approval had the wrong expiration date. Ugh! The really frustrating part is that I still don't have the corrected approval. I have talked to my officer twice - such a nice person by the way - but I still don't have the approval even though two have been sent to me. Oh well, what can we do but grin and bare it. I have said it before, but this is not in my hands (no matter how badly I wish I could control the whole thing!)

Oh well, I am trying to keep myself busy, and wow did I pick a big project. We have an enormous apricot tree - I kid you not, it is the biggest fruit tree I have ever seen and so tall. It hasn't produced fruit for years, but this year we have so many. With the help of our neighbors we picked as many apricots as we could reach, on ladders, on roofs, and ladders on roofs.


Our neighbors and Lydia and Brig on the roof


This is what I made - Apricot Jam!  It made me so happy. It took two days and help from my cute Lincoln and sister Eliza. This was the result.


These are the ingredients I used


I chopped up the apricots, cooked the ingredients, put them in jars and then the hot bath.



In all I made 6 dozen jars and had enough puree left over to make 4 more batches. I froze those.

No comments:

Post a Comment