Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A Blanket for John

So we are down to one more day and then we are off. Thankfully the blanket I have been working on for John is now done thanks to some help from my mom and Ann. I think it is so important that John has a homemade blanket from me - crooked corners and all. I give them to all my babies, and he is no different. Since he is already 2 I did want it to have a masculine feel but still have a little boy vibe.


I had bought this bed skirt for him a LONG time ago, but it was for a toddler bed. However, we ended up buying a twin bed for John, so the bed skirt really had no purpose ..... until the blanket. I decided to cut it up and use it as my jumping off point. I think it came together nicely, and now it is packed in the suitcase, waiting for Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking and praying for you!!! The quilt is beautiful. LOVE YOU BOTH!

    ReplyDelete