Friday, August 17, 2012

Shaolin Temple

Today we went with our entire group to the home of Kung Fu, the Shaolin Temple. It was amazing to see, although so hot and hard with the little kids.
This is the entrance to the site that has been around for at least 1000 years, since the Tang Dynasty


John went from being crazy about Rick to absolutely wanting nothing to do with me today. It was kind of funny to watch. We went into this experience very aware that he might chose one or the other of us, but I was not expecting that to happen after 4 days together and getting along beautifully.  Thankfully I am not upset by it because I know it is part of the process for our cute little boy.


Can you stand how cute this picture is?

He loves Rick so much. Rick calls him his little heating pad because John insists on being carried everywhere. And it is so hot here it is unreal. I think Rick might go crazy though if every day is like today. Please pray that John will lighten up a little or go back to baseline wouldn't be bad either.

Here are some highlights from the day.

This little boy is crazy about stairs.

The actual Shaolin Temple.

This is the Pagoda forest. There are over 240 pagodas some date back to the Tang Dynasty. They basically are headstones for their top monks.


2 comments:

  1. It's been too many days since I've checked the site! We drove home on Wednesday and I'm just getting back to speed. So much has happened and I'm so glad you have made such a bond. Ricks one awesome Daddy, no wonder John's attached. I'm excited to hear the changes yet to come for your family and the introduction on siblings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! what an experience. Such highs and lows. I can't image all the abandoned children there. What a heartbreak. Can't wait to meet him.

    ReplyDelete