Thursday, August 23, 2012

US Consulate Appointment

We did our last official step in the adoption process for China today - the Consulate appointment. It was our last part of the Visa application. Tomorrow John should have a Visa to the US, and we can leave China. As part of the application for the Consulate we had to put down what day, time and flight number of our departure from China. I thought it was so funny that I had to put all that down. Do they think there is a chance I might want to stay in China? Trust me when I say this - I do not want to stay in China any longer. As a matter of fact if I am not on that flight, please come and find me because something is seriously wrong. I'm glad we were here, but it is time to go. I miss our kids so much it hurts, and I miss the United States. I'm a true blue american.


Basically at the Consulate visit we took an oath and finalized paper work. John was not happy on the bus ride home. He basically wants to eat everyone's snacks. Everyone is willing to share with him, but that is not enough for him. He wants the entire thing. This is how he reacts with a gentle - NO! Right, I'm sure they never told him no in the orphanage or foster care .... I'm sure he got whatever he wanted whenever he wanted ... so funny!

We swam for over 3 hours today. It was actually pretty relaxing. Can you stand how cute this little boy is? John has won us over.


I love this sign by the pool. It use to make me laugh every time I saw it until this guy next to John kept breaking the rules of the sign. I kept saying to myself, please read the sign, please read the sign!!!!


 John discovered the window ledge of our hotel room today and LOVED it.  We played a roaring game of peekaboo with the curtains. This sweet boy has such a great laugh. He also loved climbing into the play pen over and over and over, but could never get out. It was a happy sad game. He would be laughing hysterically one minute and sort of freaking out the next.


Tomorrow is our last full day here. It is time to go, but I'm glad we have been here.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad there is some balance coming to the parental love... :). John's definitely adapting and acting like every other 2 yr old having in's and outs of emotions. Does he speak some english? I'd like to know how the communication goes. I'm so excited for you and SO excited you get to come home! That's where the real adventure begins. Get some beauty rest! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete