Friday, August 10, 2012

Beijing August 10

We made it, and that felt like an accomplishment. Eleven and a half hours is a really long time. By the time we got to our hotel we did not feel like doing much. But we took advantage of time without children and went exploring. I am so glad we did.


There is a pedestrian only street pretty close to our hotel with a lot of shopping. We found a little crowded restaurant where we grabbed some sticky buns and soup. Considering we don't speak one word of chinese, the locals have been very kind to us.  On our way home we ran into some sort of line dancing flash mob group - we had to stop and watch for awhile. I have included pictures of what we ate - at least my parents and siblings will appreciate it.



I miss the kids a lot - too much considering that I have 16 more days until I am home ... at least they are in amazing hands. As you might imagine I have been thinking a lot about John since we got here. We are so close to him and I can feel it in a way that I haven't before. Three more days!

1 comment:

  1. First, the food pictures look delicious :). Second, I cannot believe you are so close! Honestly, what an exciting time for your family.

    ReplyDelete