Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Shaiman Island

Today there was hardly anything on our schedule. John had to go back for his TB test results, and now he is clear to come to the US!

We decided to go over to Shaiman Island where all adoptive families used to stay. It is a relatively quiet place with a lot of tourist shops. We ate dinner at a yummy Thai restaurant. I think it is time to go home because it is starting to feel like ground hog day a little bit here.

On a really positive note though, John is well on his way back to letting me in his life. It was such a great day. He actually left the hotel room with just me. That is really big news. He also sought me out for comfort when he was sad at dinner. He let me take him to the bathroom and give him a bath. It is nice to be back in the "in" crowd.


There are so many men who wear their shirts like this. I had to take a picture.


John really likes my sun glasses.


This is how our tour guide entertained us at the end of a very hot touring day.


Like father, like son.


Swimming at the Marriott hotel in Guangzhou.


John has a little independent streak. He wants to sit alone on the bus sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment